Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Victory by Default

Update from last night and what seems to be my every night's battle with Brooke. I started at 8:30 pm with putting Brooke to bed and after I had pretty much wore a trail between my room to Brooke's bed I finally gave up and allowed Brooke the victory. Brooke was quite smug as she waddled past me with a grin on her face and took over my territory aka my freaking (I said freaking MOM) bed around 11:30! I mean honestly I was so tired and did not want to make one more trip between her room and mine. She has even learned stall tactics now. I thought these tricks did not come until later. She seems to be learning them early. She came out a few times with a diaper trying to suggest that she needed a diaper change. She was completely dry. She came out a couple more times with her sippy cup wanting a refill. Her cup was still half full. She came out once with a tag from one of her stuff animal which she felt needed to be thrown away. I mean she was trying anything to get a couple more seconds out of her bed!! I do not need a treadmill in the house because I pretty much cover my light cardio for the day walking between Brooke's room and my own. You have to hand it to the kids, she definitely has determination. I kind of won the battle by default tonight though. She fell asleep before I got her home. I just slipped her butt into her bed quietly. I am actually laying in my own bed and kid free right now. Hmmmm.....I am not sure what to think about not having her toes jammed in my mouth right now or have custody of my own pillow. It is kind of neat!! Sweet Dreams y'all. I think I am going to take advantage of tonight because I am sure she will be ready to battle again tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Sounds like she's a handful. Does she get that from you? Hmmm...I wonder. :)
Congrats on your victory. Take 'em when you can get 'em!

SiteMeter