Monday, August 18, 2008

Kid at <3 H-E-A-R-T <3




Anyone in the mood for Bob Marley? Do not worry! There is an explanation to follow.






I spent an evening with a wonderful girlfriend named JudyBooty (*WINK*) this past week. It was quite enjoyable. We basically got together for a play date with the children. She has one kid to my twelve kids. Okay, maybe I do not have twelve kids but it sure does feel like it sometimes. Anywho, the children hermited themselves to the bedroom for a while playing video games. This was perfectly fine with us because we sat downstairs and talked about typical single Mom junk like exhaustion, struggling with the kids school and sports schedule, the lack of good men left, what age we feel like our butt went down a couple flights of stairs and where she got that yummy cream cheese dip for the fruit!! Her house got chilly during our discussion so she offered me sweatshirt. All girls love venturing through another girl's closet! It is almost better than shopping at the mall so of course I was excited when she opened her closet door to all those fun clothes and shoes!! Yay! I ran across a delightfully fluffy Afro wig which she had used for a Halloween costume the year previous. How freaking neat!!! It was an Austin Powers moment fo-sho! After a bit, I started to feel myself experience Afro envy while I stared at that wig hang from her closet door. Hmmmmmm, the curiosity was killing me. I am a blonde hair blue eyed girl who has not had lift to her hair since the hideous 90's era. I definitely have never experienced anything like that wig! I just had to know. Uh huh! You guessed it. Within minutes I had that wig on and we were trying on retro outfits to match. Oh boy or should I say Groovy Baby! Before you knew it we had whipped out the makeup and were just having a good ole time turning me into one hot Diva Mama (insert finger snap in a Z formation!!) Needless to say we got some odd looks when the children came down a few times to ask for something. It is hard to explain an Afro wig away. It is also hard to sound intimidating and Mothering when the two Moms are giggling like school girls and hiding behind the bathroom door yelling "Go away!!". Well eventually we pulled out the camera. Of course we had to take pictures. Come on, we all know how much I love the freaking camera. We took some very 70's album cover shots. Those were Judy's idea of course. She is a bit more artsy than me. No real rhyme or reason, just having fun being silly girls I guess!! Maybe our inner children were shouting out for some attention. It was refreshing to act stupid and childish for a moment. To not care how stupid we looked and just be young at heart <3.>




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on, sister, even you blonde chicks deserve the right to rock the fro once in a while..... ;)

Power Snap in Z formation, hand on hip, and approval head shake!
YOU GO GIRL!

SiteMeter