Saturday, August 16, 2008

Furbish

Happy Saturday. I have been tortured with endless hiccups today. They are lovely. You know how hard it is to sound serious and not have my kids disobey my authori(TY) when in the middle of everything I make this high pitch squeal noise. So needless to say my kids are considering me a joke this morning and they are having a hard time keeping a straight face as I yell out to them "Get in here and put up your (insert mouse squeal) toys right now!" "I mean it (insert mouse squeal) you guys we are (insert mouse squeal) NOT going to (insert mouse squeal noise) the pool." "You got (insert mouse squeal) five MINUTES!!!" Yeah, so the kid were just rolling on the floor. Something about throwing in spastic mouse squeals in the middle of yelling at the kids that no longer makes you seem scary. I just finished cleaning the living room myself. I could not embarrass myself anymore. I could not even take myself serious.

Brooke found one of Brianna's annoying toys called the Furby which I thought we had gotten rid of long ago. Darn thing never dies. Do you remember these freaking little fur ball things which you are supposed to teach them how to speak english? You have to feed them when they demand and try and comprehend their furbish language. Their eye balls open and close and they snore when they sleep. Well this has become Brooke's new best friend. Not sure if I should be concerned but I guess it is better than an imaginary friend. Anyhow, I think I have finally figured out what language it is that Brooke speaks. Furbish. Her and this Furby have been carrying on long conversations. The conversations are not just one sided. They seem to respond to each other. I am pretty sure they are plotting something. I see them in the corner of the room and the Furby only seems to speak to Brooke when I turn my back. Brooke responds in the same Furbish form and giggles. You might want to pray for me. I am thinking they may be considering an unexpected attack on Mommy. Kind of freaky. That Furby is awfully demanding too. He is always hungry and telling Brooke to play with him. It is almost like Brooke has become the Furby's personal assistant. Brooke has become a slave to the Furby. I guess it is how we teach the children what to expect when you become an adult. If you think about it, we all work for a Furby. Just our Furbys are not cute and cuddly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! It makes me curious if I should get a Furby. I know that sounds crazy, but would Hannah talk to it too? It'd be an interesting experiment.

Anonymous said...

I told you that child was evil. Now her and the furby are plotting against you. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I told you that child was evil. Now her and the furby are plotting against you. Good luck.

SiteMeter