Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sugar Free

Sooo, Brianna proceeded to inform me that I have a big butt today. It was not in a playful picking manner either. It was in a MOM your butt is taken up too much room on the bed and you need to be told to address this matter immediately manner. I don't think my butt is big but she was pretty sure it was. Thanks dear. I'll get right on that. Hope she realizes that most of her genes come from me and probably what fills her JEANS too and one day she too will be told by her daughter that her butt is too big and taken up too much space on the bed.
Anyhow, about fifteen minutes later I was talking to Noah still laying in the bed and my daughter lost the battle with my butt so she removed herself into her own bed and Noah looked at me with lots of concern in his eyes and said "Mom your eyes are CRACKED". Confused a bit I asked him in the CENSORED versus of WHAT THE F#CK.........and he told me again "your eyes are cracked mom....you should really do something about it." I know I was tired and I am assuming he could have meant blood shot, or maybe I had lines under my eyes and he meant exactly what he said........my eyes were cracked. Heck, I don't know. But of course I changed the subject and after having my self-esteem abused by both of my wonderful kids.........I put them to bed and tucked them in and crawled back into my own bed.

The one thing about children that you can always rely on is the honesty in their comments. They are blunt and don't sugar coat much. Wish we had more of that in the real world. Lots of adults could use a hard lesson of a sugar free life.

No comments:

SiteMeter