Monday, September 29, 2008

Definitely Maybe

Definitely maybe you might know at this moment how you want your life to turn out. Definitely maybe you probably knew the same answer to the same life question 5 years ago. Definitely maybe you might have been right at that moment but so very wrong five minutes from then. I have had a lot of realizations about my definitely maybe moments in my recent life. I realized that just because you think it is, does not mean it is going to be. Every day you learn, grown and develop. Things that seemed written in code yesterday are oddly understandable today without reason. Your changing life brings lights to shadows lying in corners you never realized existed before. It opens trap doors which leads to new journeys and nails shut windows that you can never open again without risking damaging the window panes. You surprise yourself everyday with knowledge and wisdom you do not realize that life events have given to you. You wake up one day and wonder where yesterday went. You spend countless hours tracing steps that are untraceable and cannot be retracted. Definitely maybe can only be assured at this moment and it definitely maybe will not be the same again. There is no sense to my post today other than I definitely maybe have realized that life is not an already written book. You cannot turn to the last page and be assured that what you predicted in the beginning will definitely maybe happen. There is no last page.....just blank pages waiting to be filled. It seems to write itself as you go along. You make edits and improvements and sometimes rewrite a whole chapter because you have decided that your character no longer fits the original story line. It is your own biography which you get to spend every day improving. I believe that definitely maybe you can live life by the moment and for the moment but that very moment will not determine your tomorrow. You can end your book with a happy ending if you never accept the moment but yet embrace the dream.

:) Have I confused you yet??? I understand it and definitely maybe you will too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I am confused. You had me til the last line. Love it though. Very deep ;)

HellCat's Meow said...

Thanks Jess! I confused myself a lot though. :) My ADHD mind set can be rather random and hard for others to see into!! :)

SiteMeter