Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boxing Day Legal Style


~ My Boxing Day Uniform ~



The case settled. The case that have taken over my life and haunted my dreams every night for the past five months. IT has been alive and running since 2000 but just infected me with it's annoyingly overload of paperwork and body numbing case review. Of course it waits until less than a week from trial and after numerous hours and a whole forest of trees have been killed to prepare for trial but nonetheless IT SETTLED!! Now comes the extremely fun part of breaking down all the files for storage. This is the manual labor and get dirty part. The part that means that my pretty nails will exist no more after these next two days. That is BULLSHIT! I need some compensation for the nicely manicured nails that are about to get ruined. Ok, not really nicely manicured. I really did them watching the new series of 90210 which unfortunately I have become stupidly and embarrassingly addicted too. I wore a super cute linen button up cream shirt with a high belt to tie around it and some mocha editor style dress pants. O-O not to mention my freaking adorable blue shoes which are trimmed in brown. Do not worry.....photos will follow my Spaz Cat rant in uno momento por favor. Eeee?? Not sure where my yo quero taco bell moment just came from. Apparently I also have a spanish personality hiding in my freakish head!! Back to what I was saying this is not really something that you want to be dealing with dirty eeky papers and dusty boxes. Not to mention I am pretty sure that this is going to take anywhere from 10 - 20 boxes to empty the huge three filing cabinets, the war room and the downstairs conference room full of USELESS prepared documents. Had to throw in the useless part because I have a really hard time understanding the man power and hours that are put into preparing for a war that never happens. Yesterday I was working delinquently on a list of close to 500 exhibits. I had to manually go through each exhibit and label it in a chart that would be presented to the court and other counsel. I was at like 300 which meant I have been doing it for a while. I took a break so that I can gobble down some yummy M&M's which Donna keeps an endless supply of on her desk. I walked past Anne who nonchalantly said "settled". I stopped in my tracks and did a reverse moon walk!! Yeah, Michael Jackson has nothing on me folds! "Uh, we what?" "Settled??" She looked at me with a smirk and replied "yup, settled!" So that means that everything I was in the middle of working on and trying to produce to the standard of trial is now done and ready to be packed away and collect little dust bunnies. Not done because I got to complete the project but done because the attorneys in this case finally resolved the issue which in my opinion could have happened in July during mediation and before the over $20,000 in legal fees had accrued for the month of August and double that likely in September. So that's it. If anyone has wondered where my creative motivation has gone or just basically where I have gone than here is your answer. Sorry to neglect everyone. I will try and get my priorities straight next time. My apologies please kind ma'ams and penis heads! Carry on buddies. I will be back tomorrow!!




Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Sorry, that was a delayed sugar rush from my overly wonderful sweet tea from Bojangles. Uh, huh! I had Bo-Rounds too. Haa haa! Num Num Num! :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they settled!! Nice outfit too. Looking very good :)

SiteMeter